CHOOSING A THEME FOR YOUR COLLEGE ESSAY
- What are your favorite activities and hobbies? Why do you enjoy them?
- What are your talents and skills? Why did you learn them? Who taught you?
- Who have been the most influential people in your life? The most memorable? The most interesting? Who have you disliked the most?
- What was your best day? Worst? Funniest?
- How have you changed in the past four years?
- What was the most memorable experience you had with your parents? Brother or sister? Best friend? Teacher?
- Of what accomplishment are you proudest?
- What makes you special or unique?
- What is your strongest quality?
- What is something about you that is surprising or that other people would not expect?
- What is a strong belief or philosophy that you hold?
- What have you done over the past four summers? Which summer was the most memorable?
- What is the most difficult or challenging thing you have done?
- When and how have you shown leadership?
- What is the most pressing issue that our society faces?